Project OSCAR (Oscar Community Service Society) is a not for profit – truly Zambian Community Based Organisation (CBO). OSCAR was established in 2008 and is registered with the Registrar of Societies since February 2009. The Board has 10 Members, who bring experience and expertise, to ensure effectiveness in all functions of the organisation. All Members are Volunteers without remuneration.
Project OSCAR builds partnerships with Community groups, other NGOs/CBOs to create responsible and sustainable development in Zambia and the Region. Projects and programmes are based on community participation and compliments efforts of the Government to bring sustainability and responsible development to all Zambians.
The Vision of Project OSCAR is to see a peaceful Zambia free from poverty, hunger and preventable diseases.
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of Project OSCAR Community Service Society Zambia is to share freely skills, experience and expertise with the vulnerable of the communities to encourage socioeconomic growth at the grass root level, improve the livelihood of the most vulnerable, create sustainable food security and a healthy environment, preventing deforestation and degradation/exploitation of the environment and biodiversity.
Beneficiaries of Project OSCAR programmes are individuals and/or families, who are vulnerable, live in extreme poverty, orphans, youths, persons living with and/or are affected by disabilities, widows/ers, and the elderly.
* Honesty * Transparency * Accountability * Sharing skills, experiences and expertise freely with the vulnerable * Assist the needy with whatever can be done and/or forward them to the relevant institution or organisation that can be of assistance, without prejudice.
The Organisation's Objectives are to
* improve living standards and create sustainable food security at the grass root level
* create sustainable income opportunities through training in income generating activities (IGAs)
* conserve and protect natural resources, creating incentives and direct benefits to the communities through responsible management for sustainable use
* encourage and promote practice in good waste management and improvement on sanitation
* mitigation of climate change through improved farming methods, e. g. Agroforestry, and responsible and sustainable land management